Pushups are one of the simplest — and most effective — exercises that you can do. Pushups build muscle and stamina by forcing you to push against your own body weight. That means they can be performed almost anywhere. No fancy equipment or gym memberships needed. All you require is a little bit of space and flat surface and you’re ready to go.
Six simple steps for the perfect pushup
- Get down on all fours.
- Place your hands on the floor slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Straighten your legs and arms.
- Lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Pause, and then push yourself back up.
- Repeat 10-15 times (or more!)
Perfect Pushup Printable
Here’s a printable guide for the perfect pushups, done properly. Print this out or share on social media!